The “Describe Image” task in the Pearson Test of English (PTE) is a speaking task that requires you to describe an image presented to you on the screen. The image may be a photograph, a diagram, a chart, or a map, and it will be displayed for 25 seconds. You will then have 25 seconds to describe the image in detail, using your own words.
The purpose of the “Describe Image” task is to assess your ability to describe visual information clearly and accurately. You will be evaluated on your pronunciation, fluency, and the content of your response. You will not be given any additional information or context about the image, so it is important to rely on your observations and inferences to create a complete and coherent description.
In order to prepare for the “Describe Image” task, it is important to practice describing a variety of different types of images, using a range of vocabulary and sentence structures. It is also helpful to pay attention to the details of the image and to focus on the main elements and how they are related to each other and to the overall theme or message of the image. With regular practice and dedication, you can improve your skills and confidence in describing images for the PTE.
Tips to get high score in PTE Describe Image
Here are a few more tips to keep in mind when practicing the “Describe Image” task in the Pearson Test of English (PTE):
- Begin by stating the overall topic or theme of the image.
- Next, describe the main elements or features of the image, including any people, objects, or locations depicted.
- Use details and specific language to provide a clear and accurate description of the image.
- Finally, explain how the different elements of the image are related to each other and to the overall topic or theme.
- Practice speaking clearly and at a consistent pace. You will have 25 seconds to describe the image, so it’s important to use your time wisely.
- Use a variety of vocabulary and sentence structures to keep your description interesting and engaging.
- Use the present tense to describe what is happening in the image.
- Avoid using personal opinions or making assumptions about the people or objects depicted in the image. Stick to describing what you can see in the image.
- Make sure to describe the entire image, including any background details that may be relevant.
- Practice summarizing the main points of the image in a concise and coherent manner.
- Use transitional words and phrases to link your ideas and provide a logical flow to your description. Some examples include “in the foreground,” “in the background,” “on the left,” “on the right,” “in the center,” “at the top,” “at the bottom,” etc.
- Pay attention to the details of the image, such as the expressions on people’s faces, the colors and textures of objects, and any writing or numbers depicted. These details can help you provide a more detailed and accurate description of the image.
- Avoid using filler words or phrases, such as “um” or “like,” as they can disrupt the flow of your speaking and negatively impact your score.
- Practice describing a variety of different types of images, such as photos, diagrams, charts, and maps. Each type of image may require a slightly different approach to description.
- Consider the perspective from which the image is taken. Is it a bird’s-eye view, a ground-level view, or something in between? This can affect how you describe the layout and relative positions of the different elements in the image.
- Use precise language when describing the size and shape of objects in the image. For example, instead of saying “a big tree,” you could say “a tall, slender tree with a narrow crown.”
- Consider the purpose or message of the image. Is it meant to inform, persuade, or entertain? How does the content and composition of the image support this purpose?
- Practice describing images in different ways, such as starting with the background and working your way to the foreground, or vice versa. This can help you develop flexibility in your approach to description.
- Use active verbs to describe actions or movements in the image. For example, instead of saying “there is a person running,” you could say “a person is sprinting across the field.”
- Pay attention to the lighting and shadow in the image. How does it affect the overall mood or atmosphere of the image?
- Use adjectives to describe the qualities or characteristics of people, objects, and locations in the image. For example, you could say “a beautiful beach with crystal clear water and soft, white sand” or “a rugged, mountain landscape with snow-capped peaks and deep valleys.”
- Avoid using slang or colloquial language, as it may not be understood by all test takers and may not be considered standard English.
- Practice describing images under time pressure to help you develop your pacing and speaking fluency. You can use a timer or have a friend give you a signal when 25 seconds is up.
- Record yourself as you practice describing images and listen back to your performance. This can help you identify areas for improvement, such as pronunciation, clarity, or pacing.
- Take breaks and give yourself time to relax between practice sessions. This can help you stay fresh and focused as you prepare for the test.
People Also Read: Read Aloud for PTE Exam
People Also Read: Describe Image In PTE Exam
People Also See Web Story: Female Golf Player with their Fit Body – web stories
People Also Read: Very Important BSc.CSIT Entrance Questions
People Also Read: Easy tricks to go viral on YouTube Shorts
People Also Read: How to transfer Share from Mero Share – Full report
People Also Read: Basic concept of C Programming in Easy way
PTE Describe Image Templates
Here are a few more examples of how you could describe an image for the “Describe Image” task in the Pearson Test of English (PTE):
The image depicts a crowded city street with tall buildings and a busy intersection in the background. In the foreground, there are several people walking on the sidewalk and a few cars driving on the road. The majority of the people are dressed in business attire and seem to be in a hurry as they move through the busy scene. The overall theme of the image is the fast-paced and busy nature of life in a big city.
The image shows a close-up of a person’s face, with a serious expression and piercing eyes. The person has short, dark hair and a stubble beard. In the background, there is a blurred, out-of-focus image of a cityscape at night. The overall theme of the image seems to be intensity or determination.
The image depicts a lush, green forest with tall trees and a winding path leading through the center. The sun is setting behind the trees, casting a warm, golden glow on the scene. There are a few people walking along the path, some of them carrying bags or backpacks. The overall theme of the image seems to be tranquility or adventure.
The image shows a group of people standing on a stage, all facing the camera with smiles on their faces. The people are of different ages, genders, and ethnicities, and they are all dressed in formal attire. There are several microphones on the stage, as well as a banner that reads “Graduation Ceremony.” The overall theme of the image seems to be celebration or achievement.
I hope these examples give you an idea of how to approach the “Describe Image” task in the PTE. Remember to focus on the main elements of the image, use specific language and details, and explain how the different elements are related to each other and to the overall theme. Good luck!
The image shows a close-up of a person’s hands, with a white, fluffy kitten nestled in their palms. The kitten has bright blue eyes and a tiny pink nose, and it is looking up at the camera with a curious expression. The overall theme of the image seems to be innocence or tenderness.
The image depicts a crowded city street at rush hour, with cars and buses packed bumper to bumper. The street is lined with tall buildings, and there are several people walking on the sidewalk. The sky is overcast, and the overall atmosphere of the image seems to be chaotic or hectic.
The image shows a group of people standing on a beach, all looking out at the water with expressions of awe or wonder. The beach is bordered by a rocky cliff, and there is a small boat floating in the water in the distance. The water is a deep blue color, and the sky is clear and sunny. The overall theme of the image seems to be beauty or inspiration.
The image shows a group of people standing in a circle, holding hands and looking at each other with serious expressions. The group is diverse, with people of different ages, genders, and ethnicities. In the background, there is a banner that reads “Community Meeting.” The overall theme of the image seems to be solidarity or collaboration.
The image depicts a crowded street market, with stalls selling a variety of goods such as fruit, vegetables, clothing, and crafts. There are people of all ages milling about, some of them haggling with vendors or examining the merchandise. The overall atmosphere of the image seems to be lively or vibrant.
The image shows a person standing on a mountaintop, looking out at a stunning view of the surrounding landscape. The person is silhouetted against the sky, which is a vibrant orange color due to the setting sun. The landscape below is dotted with small villages and fields, and there are mountains in the distance. The overall theme of the image seems to be solitude or contemplation.
The image shows a group of people standing on a stage, looking out at a crowded auditorium. The people are all musicians, and they are holding instruments such as guitars, drums, and keyboards. There is a banner on the stage that reads “Rock Concert for peace.” The overall theme of the image seems to be entertainment or activism.
The image depicts a beautiful, sandy beach with crystal clear water and palm trees in the background. There are several people lounging on the beach, some of them swimming in the water or playing beach games. The sky is clear and blue, and the overall atmosphere of the image seems to be relaxation or enjoyment.
The image shows a person standing in a laboratory, surrounded by scientific equipment and glass beakers. The person is wearing a white lab coat and is holding a test tube in their hand. In the background, there is a large window that overlooks a city skyline. The overall theme of the image seems to be innovation or discovery.
I hope these examples give you some ideas for how to approach the “Describe Image” task in the PTE. Remember to focus on the main elements of the image, use specific language and details, and explain how the different elements are related to each other.